Monday, April 21, 2008

Baby Gabe is here!


We are excited to welcome the newest little Hill to the family! Gabriel Hudson was born on April 18th at 6:39 pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. and was 20 inches long. He is perfect in every way!

Noah is so far enjoying his new little brother. He loves to watch the baby and "ho'd da baby." He is gentle most of the time with his hugs, kisses, and love...but every once in a while he forgets that Gabe is so little and gives him a bigger "pat" than planned. Gabe doesn't seem to mind...he's going to have to get used to it anyway. Noah has LOVED all the attention from his grandparents, and we appreciate all their help during this crazy time!

Oscar, the fur-brother, seems to be okay with the new addition as well. Anytime Gabe squeaked or made any noise in our room last night, Oscar was right there to check on him. He did the same thing with Noah on his first night.

All in all, we are doing really well! Here are some pictures of the last few days. Enjoy!





We got to the hospital at around 5:30 pm, and Gabe was born at 6:39...thank goodness for a fast anesthesiologist!!

Mommy and Daddy before Gabe's arrival...after the epidural. :)



Hello world!




The proudest grandmothers! (and our wonderful baby nurse, Bonnie!)




Mommy and Daddy are in awe



Less than an hour old



The amazing Dr. K



Noah and Gabe meet




Gabe meets mommy's close friend, Laurie



The family with Hammy and Sassy



The family with GiGi and PaPa



The proud big brother!




Sweet Noah kisses



Noah entertains the crowd with a litte "Itsy, Bitsy Spider"




Getting dressed to go home



Gabe started crying...Noah thought crackers would do the trick. What a thoughtful big brother!



Mommy's boys all ready to go




Noah sharing his baby with Gabe on the drive home



Noah welcomes Gabe to the house



Home sweet home!




Welcome, sweet baby!

"I prayed for this child, and God gave me what I asked for. And now I have dedicated him to God. He's dedicated to God for life." 1 Samuel 1:27-28 (The Message)

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I have literally been checking for pics every time I walk by the office. YEAH! I love them all and I am so happy and thankful that everyone is healthy! We love you!

andydawn said...

He is absolutely PRECIOUS!! You look great too :) Congrats to the whole family :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meredith said...

I've been checking also! I'm so excited for pics! He is absolutely adorable and I really think he looks like Noah!!! Congrats to the Hill family!

Dunhams said...

He is absolutely adorable, and you all look like you're doing great! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet him!

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Congratulations, and what a blessing. I am wishing you and your family many love filled fun days.

Mandy said...

He is precious! So glad he is here safe and sound!

Brooke said...

He is so sweet! Noah is turning out to be such a great and caring big brother! Lots of love to you all.

George and Laurie said...

Congratulations!!! Gabe is so beautiful. I LOVED the picture of Noah giving Gabe crackers. Laughed out lous!

George and Laurie said...

Oops... I mean out LOUD