Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Half Birthday, Gabe!


Gabe is 6 months old today...which makes me a little sad to tell you the truth (1/2 a year? Really??) because it really is going way too fast. Yet at the same time, he's doing so much more now and interacting more that I love it as well. Maybe he can just stay this age for a little while. Who can I speak to about that? :)

Gabe has done a lot this month!

He had his first official swim (as opposed to a dip in the water), which he LOVED. He's a water baby like his brother.

He started sitting up, which gives him a whole new perspective on the world around him. The boy can MOVE too...not crawl, thank goodness, but he can roll/scoot from one side of the room to the other rather quickly...and quietly...sneaky little guy. :)

He had his first taste of "solids." He is ALWAYS reaching for our food, so I thought he would love it. Not so much. Here's the rundown:

Rice cereal? Yuck.
Oatmeal with bananas? Double yuck.
Bananas? Yum!
Applesauce? Yuck (What baby doesn't like applesauce??)
Squash? Gag me.
Avocado? Yum! (Really?? You prefer pureed avocados and water over applesauce? Interesting.)
I think we've got ourselves a picky eater...we'll see. :)


Noah is STILL his favorite thing to watch, and, boy, can brother make him laugh. It's really cute. He loves to be outside, which is great because Noah does too...and the weather is starting to get "cooler" (which apparently in Florida means mid 80s without humidity. Score!) Gabe is just a happy baby all around. (Except between 6 pm and 7 pm when he's tired and GRUMPY!)


Sweet baby Gabe, your mommy, daddy, and brother love you SO much! Your dimply smile melts your mama's heart, and your giggle makes everyone smile.

Look at this bundle of LOVE!

This looks like a good read...




Let me have a taste...Hmmmm...What in the world is this??? Blegh!

My Crib



"Hey...watch this."

"Yeah...I got skills." :)

Me and my best friend, Eli
Sibling rivalry at its finest... :)


Gabe's First Swim




"Cool shirt..."
"But how does it taste?"

Hyde Park Fall Festival with my Big Bro

Being half a year old is tough work!

6 comments:

Jenn J. Bauer said...

I know what you mean about "Where did the time go?" Grace will be 6 months old tomorrow! I can't believe it! Miss you, friend.

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Wow, it seems like yesterday I saw pics of him and he was newborn.Kelli, you have the most beautifully handsome little boys.Those dimples are just too much.:)

Susan said...

Happy Half Birthday Gabe!!! You are ADORABLE!!! And Kelli - you are getting very good in the picture taking department!! :)

Jill White said...

Wow! He's advanced with his moving skills.... or maybe Leah is just a little slow :) Either way, Gabe is a beautiful little 6 month old!

Dunhams said...

Wow! I can't believe Gabe is already 6 months old! I love the pictures of him eating rice cereal and sleeping in his jumper. He's really starting to look like his big brother!!

Teresa said...

look at Gabe!! happy 1/2 birthday, sweet boy! love all the pics, but i think my favs r the ones of Gabe and his hippo. Cute!! Cute!!