Dad: Noah, how was your first day back at school?
Noah: "Pay" (play)
Dad: Did you get to play?
Noah: "Frins" (friends)
Noah: "Nate, Tyle (Kyle)"
(Dad and Mom glance at each other with huge smiles on their faces...)
Tuesday was Noah's first day back at "school," so on the way there I talked to him a lot about how he gets to see his friends. Then, after school we went to playgroup and once again I mentioned playing with his friends. Noah has reached the stage where instead of playing side-by-side with his friends (which he still does), he can now play with them. They will chase each other and laugh and laugh and laugh. It is hilarious to watch him play now...how he imitates the big kids and initiates funny little games that involve running in a circle 8,000 times and falling down in a fit of laughter (his and Kyle's--age 3--game of choice on Tuesday afternoon.)
The conversation above happened at the end of the day on Tuesday. It was Noah's first time to say "frins" without just copying us! It was precious. We can now ask him about his friends, and he will list off a lot of them: "Tyle (Kyle), Nate, Oh-wee (Owen), Lis (Elise), etc." I LOVE it. I didn't have my camera on Tuesday, but here are some recent pictures of Noah with his "frins."
Noah and Nate
Noah's best friend, Oscar
These next two are NOT recent...never thought I would say this, but apparently I need to take some more pictures. :) This is Carter and Brady last August.
This picture is from MARCH!!! But it's the only one I could find of Noah and Kyle (aka "Tyle")
I'm glad both Noah and I have such wonderful friends here in TN (and elsewhere)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment