Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Update

Happy New Year!! I wish you all many blessings this year.


I have lots of fun pictures to post, however since Noah just woke up from his nap I don't have time at the moment. So, I'll just write a quick update and then save the pictures for later.


The day after Christmas, I went in for another ultrasound and ob appt. During the ultrasound I had several contractions, so my dr decided to hook me up to the fetal monitor just to check things out. (Also the u/s showed that my cervix had shortened a little since my previous appt...it was still within normal limits but definitely shorter.) Unfortunately, while on the monitor I had about 10 contractions in 30 minutes which is not normal for 22 weeks...I couldn't feel all of them though. So preterm labor has begun. Thankfully, since they caught things in time, I did not have to go to the hospital nor was I placed on bedrest...yet. I was given Terbutaline (sp?) while my dr waited to hear from my high risk OB. They both decided to put me on Indocin to see if that would keep the contractions under control. I was told to come back on Monday (te 31st) for another ultrasound and monitor. Needless to say, I was a little nervous about that appt., but I decided to carry on as normal and pray for the best. Eric's parents were in town for the weekend, and we had Eric's 30th birthday to celebrate. It was a wonderful weekend despite the looming appt. that would decide my fate for the next several weeks.

Monday arrived, and Eric and I went to the appt and were blessed with the best possible news. My cervix had lengthened/thickened, and my contractions were few and far between...praise the Lord!! So, the Indocin is working for the time being. The risk with that medicine is that it can reduce the amount of amniotic fluid around the baby, so that will need to be checked regularly via ultrasound. But on Monday, everything looked great! We are so happy that this was caught before things got bad (like last time). This also gives us hope that as long as the medications keep the contractions under control, I won't have to go on bedrest...yippee!! As Ashley Krieg can attest, it's hard to explain to a toddler that mommy can't pick him/her up nor can she play like she normally does. Plus, bedrest for 17 weeks??? Yeah, no thanks. :) Only time will tell, though, so keep those prayers coming. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers so far!!

Sorry for our boring blog at the moment. Things have finally calmed down since the holidays and birthday are over, so hopefully I can post more often...or catch up on old posts. :) We have another very special birthday coming, though...

5 comments:

The Gilles Family said...

Kelli!
You are being wrapped in prayer! I'm so glad that the Indocin is working! Keep us updated!

The Gilleye

Ashley said...

It was not a boring update- it was EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. I am SO glad that things are looking good and we will pray that the stay that way! We miss you LOTS!

Leslie said...

Sooooo nervous reading this post and so happy to hear the medication is working. Take it easy friend. Praying you carry this sweet boy as long as possible and stay off the mag!!
Have you picked a name yet?

Anonymous said...

Kelli,
We are praying extra hard. We are so thankful that the medicines are working right now. Keep us posted!
Love, Jenn

George and Laurie said...

love you bunches!!!!!