We have since found a pool with a zero entry children's area that both boys love. The only caveat with that pool is that the lifeguards (who obviously don't have children of their own) are constantly hounding you to keep your kids within arms reach...riiiiiiiight....with a 1 and 3 year old...in a 2 foot pool...with a LIFEGUARD trained to save lives. Something wrong with this scenario? I would completely understand this if the water was deeper...but come on! The water comes to Noah's thighs! Okay, maybe that's a little exaggeration...but still, he can touch and then some.
The best part of the last couple months was the trip to Zihuatanejo, Mexico with my husband....what a glorious week! I know we are blessed with two sets of amazing grandparents who would BOTH jump at the chance to watch the boys. But if you have the chance, I would highly recommend a trip away if you have kids. It is just what Eric and I needed. We were able to focus on being husband and wife again, and not mommy, daddy, doctor, etc.
The week as a whole was wonderful. Zihuatanejo was beautiful. We spent the first few days and nights at a little boutique hotel with a Mexican vibe and beautiful grounds. We lounged around the hotel, sampled the local food, strolled through the town, got mugged, you know typical vacation stuff. :)
Yes, on our first morning there, we got mugged...at knife-point...on a beach walkway...at 10 AM!! It just shows how desperate the people are there, especially in a town highly dependent on tourism. They only got away with several hundred pesos...since Eric refused to give one of the guys his wallet...and I refused to give the other guy my camera (stupid!!) In my defense, the guy "assigned" to me looked scared out of his mind. I think if I was truly afraid for my life I would have handed him the camera without question. Thankfully, we started screaming and they ran off. This is Eric's second time to get mugged...apparently something about his skinny, white self just screams 'Mug Me!' I was thankful he was there, though...my knight in shining armor.
The second half of our trip was spent at a 5 star luxury resort (where the wedding was held), and the place was truly beautiful. Four times the price beautiful?? Probably not, but still an amazing place! They upgraded us to a lagoon suite with our own little pool. The wedding festivities were wonderful...a snorkel trip, brunch on the beach, some amazing food, and of course the wedding. It was truly breathtaking. Tammy was a gorgeous bride, and her and Justin looked so happy. They are an a amazing couple, and I am excited about their life together.
We got back on May 24th, and Gabe took his first confident steps on May 25th...right into my open arms. :) It was wonderful. He is now a full-fledged walker, with a cute little walk (someone today said it looked like he was stepping on hot coals...:))

We took both boys to the beach last Saturday, and they had so much fun playing in the water and in the sand. Noah likes to jump the waves, and Gabe likes to pretend to jump the waves. They both loved playing around in the sand. I didn't take my camera this time because I just wanted to enjoy the moment. Which I did. Next time, though, we're bringing the camera. ;)
All my boys, Eric included, continue to do well, and they continue to make me smile, laugh, and cry...sometimes with frustration...but mostly with joy. Noah and Gabe enjoy playing together (most of the time), and it gives me, Noah's constant playmate, a much needed break sometimes. Thanks, Gabe! I love them all so very much.
Hope you ALL are doing well! Miss you!
P.S. I've got some hysterical video footage of the boys dancing to So You Think You Can Dance--Noah doing a hip-hop routine complete with floor work and a stellar kick...Gabe bouncin' in the background--it's so funny. :) Now I just have to figure out how to save it to my computer....
They let me drive the boat...which is just crazy. And my breasts are doing a poor job of holding up my top. Depressing.Our morning coffee and croissants at the second hotel. Apparently, I'm obsessed with taking pictures of our quiet mornings. I think it's because they are completely foreign to me.
Our cabana by the sea
Dinner on the beach
4 comments:
wow, ya'll really have been busy. Glad to hear you made it home from Mexico safely! Can't wait to see more pictures and video! I say girls trip to Tampa next Winter:)
such great pictures! you've made me want to plan a vacation with brian - it is MUCH needed!! you two look awesome! and your little ones couldn't be any cuter! seriously you two need to have 5 more!!
and i just read your disappearing act post - you should get a blog award for that one!! maybe a donation?!?
I cannot believe you guys got mugged in Mexico! So scary! The pictures are awesome and you look great! We miss you guys.
ahhh, Kelli! love your last picture!! you guys look awesome and you are just a beautiful as ever! glad you got to get away for a bit. looks like you had A LOT of fun...i love that you guys showed those muggers they were WRONG in messing with you!
Post a Comment