Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sitting down with a good book

Now that most of my tv shows are on break (my mindless entertainment :)), I have a lot more time for one of my favorite things...reading! I just finished two great books--Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (sounds strange from the synopsis, but I promise it's wonderful!!) and Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (a VERY intense read about a school shooting...as a parent, I read it in a whole different light than I would have 2 years ago. It definitely makes you think...)


Much to my extreme delight, Noah has started "reading" to himself and showing an active interest in all his books. Reading to him has been a part of our daily routine from the beginning, and he has always loved listening to us read. He would even let you know which books he did and did not want you to read to him. Within the last few weeks, though, he has started reading on his own which is the cutest thing ever (especially when he "talks" along with it). He will spend several minutes (which is long in toddlerhood) "reading" his books in front of his bookshelf. If he sees a book on the floor, he will either sit down and read it himself or bring it to one of us to read. Just yesterday, he brought the book Doggies by Sandra Boynton to Eric and they sat down and read it together. Noah was barking along with daddy, and I couldn't help but smile. I LOVE it! I honestly can't get enough.


No comments: