Saturday, May 3, 2008

I survived.

And relatively unscathed, except for the poo and pee (from both, believe it or not!) attack on my arm.

Today was my first day with both boys all by myself, and I think we're going to make it. :) I have to say, though, that I am pretty happy Noah still takes a good nap. Our day so far:

During the night: Gabe had a good night, thank goodness. After feeding at 10:30, he woke up to feed at 1:30 and 4:30 and went back to sleep after both feedings. Thank you, Lord!

7:05 am: I awake to "Ticka, ticka, ticka" (tickling sound) from Noah, who is standing next to me with a yogurt smoothie and a straw. Apparently, somebody is ready for breakfast.

7:10 am: Get Noah settled with his yogurt. He refuses to eat the rest of breakfast. Feed myself breakfast instead. Drink much needed Diet Coke.

7:30 am: After Noah attempts to wake Gabe at least 5 times (with "Morning Gabe!"), Gabe finally obliges. I feed Gabe breakfast...Noah still not interested. While feeding Gabe, Noah entertains us in the playroom. Noah learns the meaning of "please play by yourself."

8:00 am: Noah decides he wants crackers. Not the breakfast I had planned, but food nonetheless.

8:15 am: Get Noah settled with LeapFrog Letter Factory show and Gabe settled in his bouncy seat. Take quick shower.



8:20 am: While in shower, I think to myself...this isn't too bad! Two kids? No problem! Gabe chooses then to start wailing. Ha ha. Shower ends abruptly. No more thinking for me.

8:27 am: After drying off and applying moisturizer, Gabe stops crying and resumes his cute baby stare while I continue to get ready for the day. Noah still content with his letters.

8:50 am: Straighten up around the house. Photographer coming at 10 am for Gabe's newborn portraits (and some family shots as well).

9:15 am: Give Gabe a bath. Noah plays nearby (still practicing "playing by himself"). Noah runs into dining room table. Bruise starts to form on his right cheek...just in time for pictures!


9:40 am: Feed Gabe to prepare for photographer. Noah wants candy. Mommy says no. Tantrum ensues. Perfect.

10 am: Thankfully, both tantrum and feeding are complete by the time the photographer arrives.

10-11 am: Gabe is a champ throughout his picture session. Noah still wants candy. In order to get Noah pictures with Gabe, we bribe him with candy (which Noah calls "happy candy.") Not sure if it worked. (Noah wants to hold the baby ALL the time...except when the photographer wants him to...of course.)

11 am: Daddy comes home for a quick photo session. Gabe wakes up and wants to eat. Diaper change attempt...I'm peed on for the first time, followed by a small amount of poo during one of the photo attempts. Two year old just wants to play with daddy. Chaos ensues. We get through it. Despite it all, I am very excited to see the pictures.

Noon: Daddy returns to work. Noah and I eat lunch. Noah throws couscous all over the kitchen floor. Gabe sleeps.

12:30 pm: Noah throws tantrum #10 for who knows what. Time for night night.

12:45 pm: During diaper change Noah says "Poo poo potty" so we head to the bathroom. During said "poo poo potty" time, Mommy gets peed on for the second time. (It came shooting out under Elmo's Potty Time.) **For the record, we are not "potty-training" but when Noah wants to potty, we are there.

1:00 pm: Noah insists on wearing his "di-saur" pjs for naptime.

1:10 pm: I say "last book" and "last song"...Noah disagrees. Not up for discussion.

1:20 pm: I sit down at the computer with my glorious Diet Coke to check e-mail and blog about my day...thankful that Noah still takes long naps (see beginning). Thinking of a nap myself.

1:30 pm: Phone rings. Someone wants to show the house from 3-4 pm. Noah's nap will not be long today.

1:30-3 pm: Get the house show-ready and leave.

3-5 pm: Spend the afternoon with Tiffany, Owen, and Victoria...very thankful for friends. :)

5-6pm: Back home. I spend some one-on-one time with Noah while Gabe sleeps. Noah sings "Happy cake oo you, happy cake oo you, happy cake oo you, happy cake oo you." (Happy Birthday song) Not sure whose birthday it is, but it was really cute!!

6 pm: Feed Gabe. Change Gabe's diaper...and you guessed it--pee pee #3 this time on both me and my jeans. Feed Gabe more.

6:15 pm: Daddy gets home and we leave for dinner out.

6:30 pm: Arrive at Casa Fiesta. Realize I forgot to change my jeans before leaving the house...perfect.

7 pm: Enjoy a wonderful dinner with husband and two amazing boys...and a really good margarita.

So there you have it--we survived! On to the next day. :) Someday I plan to send out pics of our last two weeks...we'll see when it actually happens. We're really doing great, though. Gabe and Noah are both as cute as can be, and I am VERY thankful for my two boys...pee pee and all!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

The first couple of weeks are MEANT for adjustment :-) It does get easier...everyone will calm down and get settled into a routine soon, I promise! I know you are good- but I promise it does get better!!! I'm thinking about you and knowing how busy you are!!!

Dunhams said...

It sounds like you're doing so great. I'm sure it will get easier :)

Brooke said...

I love reading about Noah's sayings. I can't wait to read about Gabe's antics when he gets older. :o)

George and Laurie said...

I'm so so impressed that you got all that down! You go mommy of two! You're an inspiration!