Funny story...
Noah woke up early AGAIN this morning (bad time change, bad, bad!). So instead of waking up to my alarm to do my quiet time...I woke up to "MAMA, DADA, DAH-EE (doggy), AHHH" I quietly roll over, turn the monitor down, and get out my bible to attempt to squeeze in half a quiet time before mass chaos in the crib ensues. My fear lately is that Noah will get so worked up and determined that he will eventually fall out of the crib and/or climb out. So, I try to keep one ear tuned in to what's going on upstairs. (I miss the days of Noah quietly playing/talking to himself in his crib for a good half hour in the morning...sigh.) About halfway through my prayer, I hear a LOUD thump followed by loud crying. I panic, RUN upstairs, and throw open the door to Noah's room....only to find him standing in his crib, waiting for me. I breathe and think 'crisis overted.' BEFORE I get Noah out of his crib, I decide to make a quick trip to the upstairs bathroom (pregnant bladder...). Noah and I are having a little chat while I'm in the restroom (Noah in crib--me in bathroom), when all of a sudden he comes striding into the bathroom as if it was the most normal thing to do... My jaw drops as I realize that Noah somehow just climbed out of the crib--no loud thumps, no tears, no guilty smile, no big deal of any kind.
Well, great, now what??
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ahh lucky you...welcome to the world of transitioning to the big kid bed! We just decided it was time, Avery never did quite master the art of getting out but in all honesty it was a VERY easy and smooth move...unlike this move out of diapers. Keep me posted. LOVED the post, I cracked up!
Uh-oh, A whole new phase--are you ready? You'll probably begin having a 'surprise visitor' in your bed some nights!! Fun!!
what a cute story. i came across your blog, very sweet. Hope you guys are good, Noah is precious.
-Traci (Stevenson)
Cute story! So funny!
Post a Comment