So, I realize my child is NOT starting kindergarten and that it's only Mother's Day Out. I have had several people say to me...don't worry about it, it's only two days a week. But that's two days that I don't get to be with my baby. And two days a week for a year REALLY adds up when you only have so many years until they're not your baby anymore. He's been my constant companion for the last year and a half, and our schedule has pretty much centered around him. I KNOW I am being silly about this, and I know this will be SOOO good for both Noah and me. And I know that I will be a better mommy because of it. And I KNOW I will look back and laugh at my absurdity (probably when I head to the dressing room to try on clothes by myself...not having to worry about whether or not Noah will crawl under the door and out of the dressing room, while I run after him with my clothes half on with the entire store watching and laughing at the spectacle that is mommy and toddler.) I know I will be fine and that one day I will be excited to have a few hours to myself.
But until that day, I am going to take this moment to be sad and to miss my little man and best bud.
To cheer myself up, I have made a list of all things I was able to do today without my little toddler:
1. Go to breakfast with some mommy friends and actually be able to eat and talk and stay longer than 15 minutes.
2. Browse through a woman's boutique and try on jeans alone (gasp!)
3. Go to a jewelry store and not feel nervous about what was going to be touched/knocked over/eaten/broken/etc.
4. Update my car registration without fear of how long the line would be (and if I had enough snacks and/or toys to keep Noah occupied)
5. Straighten up my home without someone following me and un-straightening everything.
6. Start the washing machine/run the disposal without fear of Noah waking up early from his nap.
7. Finish a blog entry without stopping!
While all this was LOTS of fun, I am now off to pick up my sweet baby boy. I will add pictures later...
"My bag is packed, I'm ready to go..."
Before heading to class, we had to make a quick stop at the "Bye-Bye Buggy"
Pushing a lady out of the way to get into class (while mommy takes a picture instead of correcting this behavior...) "Yes! A ball! I love school."
"Mom, what is this lady sticking on my back?"
"Mom, I think you just need to go..."
Breakfast with mommy friends who are also kid-free
After school with my buddies (and that would be Noah after only an hour nap...)
Noah had a great first day of school...and Mommy is getting better! :)
4 comments:
Oh Kelli! I'm in absolute tears reading this entry. While I do not envy you (I don't even want to think about how fast this is coming for the C Man), I DO admire you! I hope you are proud of yourself for raising such a wonderful little boy! I'M proud of you for being strong enough to share him with the world. You are an inspiration to us newbie mommies, and I'm so honored to be your (and Noah's!) friend! Now go buy some Citizen jeans to celebrate! ;)
Well my friend, I can relate to this day. Avery started school today again as well..and it was as hard this year as it was last! Two days a week is a lot- I'm still trying to get used to the idea! Hang in there...and let me know how it goes on Thursday :-)
I am so proud of you and all the other mom blogs I've read today about this exact same thing. I'll be a total disaster when it comes my turn. Hope Noah loves it and you do too...in time.
That was a beautiful picture of your first day without Noah, Kelli! It was precious! And doesn't he just look like such a handsome big boy!
Post a Comment