Saturday, March 15, 2008

Less than a minute...

“A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it.” Jerry Seinfeld

I borrowed this quote from my friend Betsy's blog...love it! My dear 2 year old has had quite the day. I am truly impressed with the amount of mischief he can accomplish in less than a minute.

This morning after breakfast, Noah attempted to flush a balloon down the toilet...a blown-up balloon. (Yesterday it was his Elmo's Potty Time book.) I wish I had a picture of his attempt to shove it further in...

This afternoon we had two showings planned for the house. So, this morning, GiGi was doing some final touch-ups on the house. Noah was hanging out with me upstairs and decided to venture down. Since I'm confined to the couch, I could not go after him so I hoped he would stay out of trouble while GiGi finished vacuuming the bedroom. In less than a minute, he had emptied a good portion of his toy box into the living room...and all of Oscar's water bowl into the kitchen (which he knows is a no-no.) Such a big helper...


I saved the best for last. Soon after being banished upstairs by GiGi, Noah apparently had more work to do. I took a short potty break, and my dear, sweet boy decided to practice typing on our laptop. In less than a minute, he managed to turn the screen/display sideways and disable the wireless network (and who knows what else). The screen was obviously a nuisance, but the wireless network is my major link to the outside world! It is how I manage to pass the time while on bedrest 23.5 of 24hrs in the day. It was a catastrophe!

The computer said my wireless network was turned off (???), but opening Network Connections and tweaking a few things did NOTHING to help. For future reference, apparently hitting Fn F2 turns a wireless network on and off. And FYI--to switch a screen from sideways to normal you have to hold down Ctrl, Alt, and the Up arrow...which I did NOT know before this. Thanks, Noah, for the computer lesson.

GiGi quickly got our little topless blender out of the house before we had a REAL catastrophe on our hands.

Phew...what a day!
Here are a few pictures of Mr. Innocent:


"Who made this big mess? Me?..." (from The Big Comfy Couch on PBS Kids)

3 comments:

George and Laurie said...

Wow! What a day! Yay - two showings! Awesome!

andydawn said...

Such a cutie!! We are selling our house too...showings are a pain. Good luck!

Meredith said...

Whew! I thought taking care of a 1year old was tough! Good to know about the computer!