Monday, March 10, 2008

Snow Day!

After reading about (and seeing!) all the snow from my Dallas friends, we finally got a little bit of our own! Just a little background info.: Noah has never been really fond of snow or the cold in general (thank goodness we're moving to Florida and not Minnesota!) Here are pictures of Noah's experience with snow before now:

February 2007


"Seriously, guys? You thought I would LIKE this?"




November 2007

"Eh, so what...little white flakes. What's the big deal?"




In this picture, he lasted maybe 3 minutes before saying "Done."

Needless to say, I did not have high hopes for a fun snow day with Noah (for multiple reasons), but we tried our best anyway (by we, I mean my mom). I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised, and overall I think Noah is finally at the age where he can appreciate the fun in snow....as long as his skin is completely covered! Although now that I think about it, the things he ended up enjoying the most (running down the hill and kicking a soccer ball) are things he enjoys without the snow....hmmmmm. Anyway, here are some fun pictures from our snow day!


Here's Noah upon waking up..."Snow! Mommy, snow! Brrrr (which means cold in Noah language.)"



Noah and Oscar viewing the snow from their perch



Keeping Oscar warm with hugs




Perfect day to make cookies with GiGi




Getting dressed for a little playtime in the snow...we could only find one mitten (or "hands" as Noah calls them).






Checking out the snow


Come on, "Otty" aka Oscar



Cool! Look at my slide!







The one mitten comes back to haunt us...Noah was not happy when his hand touched the snow!




Noah, dreaming about a mitten for the other hand, while GiGi consoles him...



Problem easily forgotten with a fun run down the snow hill







Notice the other hand? Yes, mommy saved the day.

Ummm, GiGi? Aren't we supposed to be moving?? (Gotta love the cardboard box aka sled)



"Maybe if I think really hard then I can get it to move..."

"Hey! It worked!"

Noah responded well when I attempted to get a still picture of him smiling... Must. Keep. Moving.

Weeeeeee! Ummm, problem....we stopped.

On to other activities...snow soccer!


Giving the ball a boost down the hill
Good times!

My little red-faced man...pretty sure he's licking his snot ("Ewwww" as Noah would say)

After all that hard work, Noah gets a special treat!

Noah saying "Cookie"

Yay for snow days!!
So, as you can probably tell, mommy had to cheat a little on her bedrest in order to watch Noah in the snow. Since we're moving to Florida, I figured I wouldn't get this chance for quite a while...plus, I was only out there 10-15 minutes. (It was GiGi who had the hard job!) I think God understood. :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, so cute!!! I'm glad ya'll had a snow day too! But, I'm so jealous that you'll get to post nice, sunny day pictures in Florida. Noah is such a cutie!!

Dunhams said...

So fun! I can't believe how big he is now!!! He looks like a little pro already in the soccer picture...very impressive. He is so adorable!