Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Things I've learned about our new place...

1. The mosquitos are like flies here...they're everywhere! (Eric has 14 bites on his elbow alone!!) Our daily routine now includes putting on sunscreen AND bug repellent.

2. The thunderstorms here are abnormally loud! I literally jump from the thunder/lightning. It's the type of sound for which you swear that something nearby was struck by lightning. Which is ironic because we met some people recently whose rental house was struck by lightning and burnt down a few days before they were supposed to move in. Hmmm...

3. Everyone has a son named Jack. Okay, so not everyone, but every place we go has at least 1 Jack there...plus, we actually know 2 people here with boys named Jack...and we haven't lived here long. We love the name, but I'm thankful Gabe is not one of thirty Jacks here.


4. There are an abnormal amount of blonde-haired, blue-eyed kids in our area...something in the water perhaps? And they all have nannies. Although last night, I learned from our neighbors that the park down the street is "nanny central" between 10 am and noon. Interesting...where am I living again? I've already been asked if I needed a nanny (while playing with Noah at the park.) Apparently, Rosa has a sister named Blanca who is looking for a nanny job. Seriously...I'm not making that up.


5. We have WONDERFUL neighbors around our block, and everyone is out and about in the early evenings. It's been a lot of fun getting to know everyone....and their nannies...just kidding. Nannyville is several streets over. :)


6. There is water pretty much everywhere we go...Noah is in heaven! Even the aquarium has an outdoor splash park. Unfortunately, Gabe doesn't like being hot (completely opposite of Noah!) so hopefully he will grow out of that... Otherwise, Laurie, I'll have to send him to your neck of the woods in a few months. :)

There's so much more, but I feel I should be cleaning something since both boys are asleep. Wish I could say that will actually happen...

3 comments:

The Gilles Family said...

hahaha Poor Blanca! Can't you just give her a job, for Jack's sake? ;)

Send some water this way! :)

Love and miss you guys!

George and Laurie said...

I am laughing out LOUD about Nannyville. CRAZY! At least it sounds like your immediate neighbors are a little more in your same boat! And yes, please do send Noah our way in a few months. Whether he wants to come or not! :) We're jealous of your being surrounded by water! We are too... if you count puddles from rain! :) Miss you tons!

Mandy said...

So glad to hear you guys are doing well. We have been thinking about you!!!