Friday, July 25, 2008

Bring the Rain

Check out this blog (and grab a tissue): Bring the Rain (Begin with Audrey's story under the "Welcome" header on the left.)

I first started reading it back in February or so. A friend of mine from bible study knew this woman, and we were praying for her and her situation. She has an amazing way with words...her story has the ability to speak to your heart. She's not afraid to be vulnerable. She's not afraid to show her imperfections. That's what makes her real. And that's what makes her testimony so powerful.

I hadn't read it in a while, but today I noticed the link to it on my friend Kristi's blog. (Small world!) I began to read it again... I was frustrated with Noah because he was being difficult with naptime. However, after rereading this for a few minutes (and sobbing!), I was reminded of how precious his life is to me and how blessed we are that God chose us to be his mommy and daddy. I truly know this in my heart, but sometimes I lose sight of it in the day-to-day frustrations of mommyhood. So, I went upstairs, snuggled with my son, and rubbed his back until he fell asleep (which does NOT usually work...he was just that tired.) While watching him sleep, I thanked God for his life and for every day He has given me with him.

I hope Angie's words can speak to your heart as well.

3 comments:

Mommy Pose said...

I know - her blog (which was introduced to me by Melissa) is incredible and I SOB every single time I read it.

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

This is sooooo crazy. I have been reading this blog for probably about 3 months now and it is such an inspiration. I went through a trial last year, we miscarried our baby in may of last year. You think you bounce back and move right along, then you come across something like Bring the Rain and you realize it is an ongoing process. I get such inspiration from her knowing there will be days that are not the best,but are still a blessing , and that it is okay to have those bad days... I won't keep going on and on but when I saw you post about that I thought "How neat it was that we have the same last name, are from the same area , we are both followers of christ and last but not least are in a house of all boys..:) The last is a secret blessing in my house because I dont think my house could handle two of me...hhahaha. I also wanted to ask you something about tenn. I hope all is well in Florida.
Wishing you blessings,
Jessi

Dunhams said...

Wow...what an amazingly strong woman. She is an incredible writer and such an inspiration. Her story absolutely broke my heart...I was crying so hard reading her blog, and I couldn't help but to go get Madeline out of her crib and cuddle with her while she slept. Thank you for sharing that with all of us.